So, like i've told you, i work at circuit city.
You have no idea how bad i have to go to the bathroom whenever i show up to work. For some reason the sudden urge just sucker punches me the moment i walk past the anti-theft devices. One of the best things about working in the Southlake store is that it is rarely busy...for the most part the store is "dead" as some people call it. I understand that for circuit city that probably isn't the best road they want to be following (yellow bricks? yeah right, more like a wobbly bridge crossing an enormous erupting volcano) but for me, you could call it an opportunity of a lifetime. I don't know about you, but going to the restroom in a public location is a little on the iffy side in my mind, but what is a better candidate for "doing your business" than a store with low traffic and somewhat hard to access bathrooms? Perfect right? WRONG. I walk into the restroom ready, somewhat excited to do my thing, but upon arrival i am hit with this. 
Um....could someone please tell me why there is no door handle on this bathroom stall? I don't know why this bothers me so much, but almost everyday i have to witness the handle-less stall doors. I must give it to them though, they knew what they were doing when they added this feature.
For those of you who are color blind (or just regular blind), there is a dot in the middle of the door lock to indicate when the stall is vacant (green) or occupied (red). I'm all about this! No one wants to accidentally get "walked in" on while they are sitting on the crapper, so a friendly, nonchalant reminder really comes in handy.
Now they've got me all excited again. This stall door may not have handles but it does have green and red dots! So i happily walk into the stall, but see this.
WHAT THE HECK?!? No handles is one thing, but no LOCKS?!? In order to move the sliding lock into place, you have to use a key, or scissors, or a small pen...something that can fit in a tiny hole and move it to secure your personal space. I think that is silly.
Now, I understand that circuit city's net worth is dropping (CC) faster than the number of friends Jayne lost after Jonathan's last blog post ; p, but handles and locks for the bathroom stall doors!? I don't think that's too much to ask for.
A day in the life.
Have fun, drive safe, circumcise your (male) children at birth.
~Brad
p.s. I have no idea about Circuit City's Net worth. I just googled something along the lines of "circuit city net worth dropping" (i was in fact "feeling lucky") and cited the source to look like i know what's going down.
...and it was totally awkward because, unbeknowest to me, there was a guy in the stall right next to me while i was taking pictures, and unfortunately i learned there is no way to silence the over the top paparazzi camera noise it makes. Yeah...
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Taking Care of Business
Posted by B-rad at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow dude, i totally feel your pain!it happens to me a lot too... great post!
that is so funny! love your post! yeah we will see in the couple of weeks if i still have friends or not.
You should definitely edit your post to say "circumcise your boys at birth". I think it is illegal to do this to your girls, and even if it isn't illegal, it is just plain wrong. -R to the K
Post a Comment