CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

FINALLY!!!

You can only ignore the Microsoft Windows® update reminder box for so long until you finally just cave in and reluctantly let the little machine finish doin' it's thing and reboot. Unfortunately, after a long hard battle with an arch nemesis more formally known as "XP", I went to surf on the inter-web and upon arrival noticed the bookmarks to other cool sites (mostly blogs) i had previously added were all deleted! As soon as i had come upon this ghastly discovery i did some deep searching in the archive of old files and saved websites (okay, so when i said "mostly blogs" that meant i really only had two, and those two i knew off the top of my head) BUT! in even further investigation i was lead to the fact that i have not updated my blog for nearly seven months! So i guess you can blame it on bad luck, but however you look at it, I am here once again to tell you of my lifelong journey on the road to awesomeness.*
*There is no guarantee that you will receive any satisfaction from the reading of this blog.

So first things first, before I forget: MERRY CHRISTMAS E'ERBODY!

Isn't this such a great time of the year?? I mean, the windshield of my car wouldn't defrost this morning when i got up to go to work, and I almost tumbled down a flight of stairs last night in attempt to leave a friends apartment! L-O-V-E LOVE IT! Who needs snow when you can have ICY RAIN!? Comes down half as hard, but is twice as likely to kill you! When God's in a real hurry! ...okay maybe that's taking it a little too far, but seriously. Texas means business when it comes to the Winter months. Please, please, please understand that I'm not trying to belittle the other super-snow-plow-shovel-mobile-glove states out there, but i would like to see one of you tough it out on a summer day that's in the high 100's! ( i like how i issued that as a challenge as tho i sit out in the blazing hot sun and fry to death for fun)

I feel horrible right now. I hate reading blogs that have no pictures, and i don't have a camera to take pictures with, so for right now, and the next couple posts i will have to be picture free...bloggin it "commando" if you will.

OH YEAH! I'm currently residing in an apartment in Denton very close to where i will be attending school next semester. I haven't been living in it for too long, but it definitely beats living in the dorms. (Mom's house FTW!) It's kind of nice living away from all of the commotion. I'm rooming with a guy named Lonn. He's in the same ward, and we get along really well. The apartment is right off the highway, so it's not only close to the school, but also relatively close to a lot of other "attractions" you may want to some day encounter in Denton. There are two outdoor pools and an indoor pool on the apartment grounds, and they even have a little billiards room with a big flat screen tv that you can go and use if you get bored. My room is a downgrade from home but a definite upgrade from the dorms. All in all it's a real nice apartment. I would say it has it all, but we've been here for about two months now, and still have no washer/dryer! The complex has a laundromat, but it costs an arm to wash and your first born to dry, so i constantly find myself wearing every article of clothing i have until either: A) I run out of socks or B) I run out of underwear. After that it still takes me a couple of days to keep up...i'll be smelling socks, trying to justify reasons why they are okay to wear even if they HAVE been in the dirty clothes hamper for two weeks...or i've even substituted baseball sliders for boxer-briefs (very uncomfortable, i don't recommend it) Luckily for me i have a great older sister who only lives about 5 minutes away, and is more than willing to let me use her facilities...FO' FREE!

Today was my first day to start training at my new job. I am a phone-caller at a place called Vacation Tour & Travel VTT for short. Basically what i do is try to schmooze people into thinking paying 600 dollars to lay around half naked on a boat drinking their butt off is more appealing than doing it at home...for free. LETS GO CRUISIN! (get it? i sell cruises) I don't start the actual "calling" process until Friday, and hopefully by then i will have been trained well enough to know how to talk someone into buying something they don't really need. I'm just kidding EVERYONE needs to go on a cruise at least once! At least that what i learned from the Travel Channel specials i was shown about cruises at work. You could say they are pretty motivational because you are reminded prices are sooooo low on numerous occasions, but what they don't do is put an asterisk or state that the golf, the massages, and the rooms with balconies cost like a bajillion dollars extra! Allison is a little more optimistic about the whole thing. She started a week ago and absolutely loves it, in fact she sold her first cruise tonight! (What a rockstar!)



A Day in the Life
~Brad

1 comments:

Susan said...

Dude! You're back! I missed you terribly!

Why don't you take photos with your phone and email them to yourself? Totally don't need a camera to do that.

Love you!